To all new users: We have moved to [edmw.xyz]. See you there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal?

+8
PikAgasm
clone12
mr_yang
ngensys2000
jipbaban
bei_ge_wang
GodofBetting
ahgong_tiger
12 posters

Go down

I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal? Empty I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal?

Post by ahgong_tiger 1st January 2016, 10:05 am

Wat is ddos?

Pls share wif us

ahgong_tiger
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal? Empty Re: I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal?

Post by GodofBetting 1st January 2016, 10:08 am

not illegal............the admins noob here..........

they made one basic schooboy error...that is stress and loas testing
GodofBetting
GodofBetting
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal? Empty Re: I am nt IT sexpert.. do DDOS attack on new edmw is it illegal?

Post by bei_ge_wang 1st January 2016, 10:14 am

illegal or not, doesn't matter..

if you wana take up a law suit against DDOS originator, its gonna be private suit.. you need employ own lawyer.. no money to do that..
bei_ge_wang
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GodofBetting 1st January 2016, 10:15 am

the admins here damn noob..................
GodofBetting
GodofBetting
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jipbaban 1st January 2016, 10:26 am

bei_ge_wang wrote:illegal or not, doesn't matter..

if you wana take up a law suit against DDOS originator, its gonna be private suit.. you need employ own lawyer.. no money to do that..
so some fucker see the possibility we all no $ that's why dare to DDOS us. Now I see... so much for being acting righteous there Nin nao hia those hypocrites! Evil or Very Mad
jipbaban
jipbaban
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GodofBetting 1st January 2016, 10:27 am

jipbaban wrote:
bei_ge_wang wrote:illegal or not, doesn't matter..

so some fucker see the possibility we all no $ that's why dare to DDOS us. Now I see... so much for being acting righteous there Nin nao hia those hypocrites! Evil or Very Mad

you noob dun blame others la..............
GodofBetting
GodofBetting
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ngensys2000 1st January 2016, 10:36 am

Nobody knows everything. Give the guys some credit for acting swiftly and getting a place for us to rant in the meantime.

Also IBs can shut the fuck up. You will not break our spirit here.
ngensys2000
ngensys2000
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_yang 1st January 2016, 10:39 am

ngensys2000 wrote:Nobody knows everything. Give the guys some credit for acting swiftly and getting a place for us to rant in the meantime.

Also IBs can shut the fuck up. You will not break our spirit here.
yes agree with you ..le solve the issue first
mr_yang
mr_yang
Vietbu cpjhj!!!!!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by PikAgasm 1st January 2016, 3:02 pm

It''s illegal! Moi will fund $50 for law suit against the perpetrator! Mad
PikAgasm
PikAgasm
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ZynoXII 1st January 2016, 4:31 pm

GodofBetting wrote:the admins here damn noob..................

not happy fark off to your sph edmww
ZynoXII
ZynoXII
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Putitthisway 1st January 2016, 4:34 pm

think this 1 can ask host to help to implement anti DDOS measures

Putitthisway
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by bei_ge_wang 1st January 2016, 4:34 pm

clone12 wrote:MOi NATNAI ish free lawyer rah

natnai is going bkk be monk liao..

lawsuit stretch a few months huans.. esp if its private suit (vs state suit)..
bei_ge_wang
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Putitthisway 1st January 2016, 5:54 pm

and BTW, no DDOS is legal, but catching the culprit and sueing the guy behind is another matter altogether

Putitthisway
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by Allhomme 1st January 2016, 5:59 pm

For DDoS you have to prove that you suffer monetary losses of at least 250k sgd before the law enforcement agencies take action.

I know cos the bf4 server i rented got DDoS by some butt hurt people. I asked the provider to take legal action.

Allhomme
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by davidktw 2nd January 2016, 4:05 am

ahgong_tiger wrote:Wat is ddos?

Pls share wif us

Yes DDOS is illegal. In Singapore, it can be easily classified under Computer Misused Acts. While the source of those attacks may not originate from the attacker, but since such an attach is orchestrated by one or more masterminds, these masterminds did commit the offence of misusing the computer for unlawful computer activities, which include abusing it to deny services onto another.

DDoS is to first discuss DoS. The first D for "Distributed" in DDoS merely expanded the scope where instead of a few focus source of attack, the attacks for DDoS originated from a massive origins either from compromised zombies or bots, or from innocent origins which run vulnerable systems which can be exploited as attackers.

DNS reflection (amplified) attacks are one such attacks where open DNS servers which SHOULD NOT be serving the public or not equipped to fend such misused are legitimately responding to DNS request, but the response did not go back to the originator, but rather went to else where (namely the victims' system) because UDP packets are stateless in nature and the source IP of DNS UDP requests can be spoofed easily.

But generally the idea of DoS (Denial of Service) is simply to describe using whatever means of attacking a target and deny the target from functioning properly to serve the clients it is intended to. Hence denying it from functioning properly to provide service.

When you have a DDoS and if the scale is large enough, you don't actually have to bring down the actual service. You just have to bring down the upstream provider or the channel. Suppose if the service bought a 100Mbps lease line from the ISP. DDoS attack can easily flood this 100Mbps lease line without even loading the victim system. Just denying the IP packets at the victim system end is already REAL LOAD to the ISP because the ISP is delivering REAL IP PACKETS to the victim channel despite the victim may not have even open the port in the first place, for example port 25 which probably the victim did not even start up an SMTP mail service nor have open any of such ports in the firewall.

It is not easy to fend off a DDoS because the massive influx can be from any possible IP addresses and you can't easily differentiate one IP from a legitimate access to another whom is just trying to eat up the bandwidth. The ISP 100Mbps allocated to the victim system may be easily flooded and causing the service to slow down or even halt.

The only way I know of can really take up a massive DDoS attack is usage of an external CDN provider. A good CDN provider have massive distribution of nodes all over the world to cater to such attacks and also they employ techniques such as geolocation blocking and challenging to fend off bots and also slow down the attack before it reaches the ISP of the victim system. There is no easy
solution to DDoS and providing caching system is not the way since victim's own caching system is still behind the preallocated 100Mbps to the victim
davidktw
davidktw
Crone

Back to top Go down