To all new users: We have moved to [edmw.xyz]. See you there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family?

+13
Flexamoria
stillgottheblues
TheSpinster
Acedemond
MyPillowTalks
Worcer
pain
ApPle5
charmander
gigigigi
Sofero
sayang_pillow
MisterLazer
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family? Empty [DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family?

Post by MisterLazer 2nd January 2016, 11:37 am

fishbuff wrote:Please put up another discussion. How one cope with broken family. Be it divorce or parents that are I'll, neglect or pass away early

Your parents divorced while you were young.

One of your loved one passes away unexpectedly.

You are estranged from your family members.

How do you cope?
MisterLazer
MisterLazer
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family? Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family?

Post by sayang_pillow 2nd January 2016, 11:38 am

Life is tought. Get over it and move on.

Keeo going and never give up.
sayang_pillow
sayang_pillow
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family? Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] How do you cope with a broken family?

Post by Guest 2nd January 2016, 11:39 am

Focus on your own enjoyment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofero 2nd January 2016, 11:39 am

Never got along with dad.
Just fought my way out in life, strived to move out as young as I can, found someone, set up my own family and never looked back.
Sofero
Sofero
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gigigigi 2nd January 2016, 11:43 am

last time moi parents divorce moi still young. just my luck moi long time gf oso kana makan by 1 ask when she study in ausie. moi ish peasant study in sg onli

Last time go watch anime read manga like fish need air. no wan study, no wan othr thing. do watever thing oso sian. lucky got met new gf (now my wife) sarkpork me, and moi ish can enjoy lif again
gigigigi
gigigigi
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by charmander 2nd January 2016, 11:45 am

Suck it up.
When need to cry will cry
charmander
charmander
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by ApPle5 2nd January 2016, 11:45 am

Dad passed away when I was 16. Mom basically treated me like a maid. Just tried to concentrate on my studies, started dating to get my mind off home issues which unfortunately led to my poor GPA. =X

Fortunately, I found someone and he proposed for us to ROM first so I can move out. And the rest is history.

Last edited by ApPle5 on 2nd January 2016, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ApPle5
ApPle5
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterLazer 2nd January 2016, 11:45 am

It was tough for moi.

But it forced moi to be mature at a very young age, and perhaps even too cynical about things.

But moi ish see all the hard truths.

So now moi ish getting by just fine, occasionally consoling moiself that I've done pretty well on moi own by flying to countries far far away.
MisterLazer
MisterLazer
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by pain 2nd January 2016, 11:56 am

My father got woman outside with i was young, they kept arguing until i very unhappy at hm. Last time my mother asked y i dun smile at hm, i replied nothing to b happy abt.

Since few years ago, my father moved out n live with his new wife in china. N only recently i realised he got another family n I got a little sister

Me n my brother live like enemy, we dun talk unless necessary. I treats my 2 best friends more like brother than I treat the 1 at hm

Sadly, I m separated with my wife too n our daughter had to suffer the similar fate.

N worst, my new love of my life is married...
pain
pain
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Worcer 2nd January 2016, 12:17 pm

pain wrote:My father got woman outside with i was young, they kept arguing until i very unhappy at hm. Last time my mother asked y i dun smile at hm, i replied nothing to b happy abt.

Since few years ago, my father moved out n live with his new wife in china. N only recently i realised he got another family n I got a little sister

Me n my brother live like enemy, we dun talk unless necessary. I treats my 2 best friends more like brother than I treat the 1 at hm

Sadly, I m separated with my wife too n our daughter had to suffer the similar fate.

That's y research shows problematic family children tends yo create problematic family also.

That is one main reason singapore Govt stance towards single parent so strong...

I believe children when small must receive a lot of love to grow up to be a good person. Without it, problems come finding them... Because they not used to love...
Worcer
Worcer
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterLazer 2nd January 2016, 2:25 pm

Bumpz for more discussions.
MisterLazer
MisterLazer
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyPillowTalks 2nd January 2016, 2:29 pm

Work from cold hard truth: Can only depend on yourself, society will teach, don't worry.
MyPillowTalks
MyPillowTalks
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Acedemond 2nd January 2016, 2:41 pm

focus on ensuring that your kids would not need to experience such experiences

Acedemond
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpinster 2nd January 2016, 2:45 pm

Find love elsewhere if there is no family love.

XYZ is always here for you.
TheSpinster
TheSpinster
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stillgottheblues 2nd January 2016, 2:47 pm

pain wrote:My father got woman outside with i was young, they kept arguing until i very unhappy at hm. Last time my mother asked y i dun smile at hm, i replied nothing to b happy abt.

Don't go for married woman. It will led to unlimited problems.

stillgottheblues
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Flexamoria 2nd January 2016, 2:47 pm

Dont be stupid mix with wrong ppl and take drugs
Flexamoria
Flexamoria
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by summersky1986 2nd January 2016, 2:49 pm

Like any relationships and any ties, sometimes if it gets to a point it is no longer tolerable and even harmful to your own well being - just walk away and fark it.

summersky1986
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifritus 2nd January 2016, 3:08 pm

grew up without my father being there for me

didn't gave a shiat
Ifritus
Ifritus
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpinster 2nd January 2016, 4:27 pm

No offence. Anyone here engaged in self harm (cutting hands with pen knife etc) due to a broken family?
TheSpinster
TheSpinster
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by xiao.xin 2nd January 2016, 4:33 pm

actually i not sure about the current trend, but prolly 10years back, self harm was quite an 'in' thing when I was in school. Those xmm, nth to do will cut themselves to release themselves
xiao.xin
xiao.xin
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by xiao.xin 2nd January 2016, 4:34 pm

Anyway to cope with family problem ish need to shift the focus elsewhere but. Got a period that isnt very smooth with my family also that time join some very time demanding de cca to keep myself occupied.

xiao.xin
xiao.xin
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterLazer 2nd January 2016, 7:31 pm

TheSpinster wrote:No offence. Anyone here engaged in self harm (cutting hands with pen knife etc) due to a broken family?

I've never done that, but have talked to people who cut themselves, especially girls.

They're usually too mentally broken to rescue despite repeated attempts to counsel and guide them.

They also end up hanging out with people who lead them astray by playing truant or excessive sex to numb their pain and all that remains is a neverending cycle of pain.

It's heartbreaking to see that, but unfortunately it happens.
MisterLazer
MisterLazer
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyPillowTalks 2nd January 2016, 7:36 pm

Friends are important for these group of people. I was lucky to found a group of friends who wanted to see who can score better in upcoming tests.

Thinking back on hindsight doesn't matter, family wont b there forever, most important is money must be with u forever
MyPillowTalks
MyPillowTalks
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofero 3rd January 2016, 1:14 am

Actually some times I womder irl how many ppl enjoy happy complete family?
I suppose majority fall under "broken" family. Then why are we self pitying as though this is something sad lei? Sad
Sofero
Sofero
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gigigigi 3rd January 2016, 1:19 am

Sofero wrote:Actually some times I womder irl how many ppl enjoy happy complete family?
I suppose majority fall under "broken" family. Then why are we self pitying as though this is something sad lei? Sad

moi not self pitying lei. justacknowledging the past.
watever happen, happened la. can not take time machine go rewind oso. make the best out of it only.
but anyway, i believe at least my bad experience can teach me what NOT to do wif my own family Cool
gigigigi
gigigigi
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next