To all new users: We have moved to [edmw.xyz]. See you there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

+10
techtechy
asiantrollcat
bubblegumcartel
steven jialat
moi几够力一下
madscience
aucheukyan
starmerck
nyvrem
fishbuff
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat 3rd January 2016, 5:11 am

bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!
asiantrollcat
asiantrollcat
Crone

Back to top Go down

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 Empty Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by techtechy 3rd January 2016, 6:09 am

does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

techtechy
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by fishbuff 3rd January 2016, 6:11 am

techtechy wrote:does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

all sinkies that live overseas count.
fishbuff
fishbuff
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by asiantrollcat 3rd January 2016, 6:16 am

techtechy, how's sweden? very pretty?
asiantrollcat
asiantrollcat
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by techtechy 3rd January 2016, 6:17 am

asiantrollcat wrote:techtechy, how's sweden? very pretty?

the scenery is amazing. im in uppsala (small city just north of stockholm) now and it only just started snowing so its very nice!

EDIT: this is the view behind my dorms

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 Img_2012

techtechy
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by beano 3rd January 2016, 6:38 am

Reporting in!
beano
beano
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by madscience 3rd January 2016, 6:43 am

Like migrate to Sweden or any country with 4 seasons?

madscience
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by techtechy 3rd January 2016, 6:46 am

madscience wrote:Like migrate to Sweden or any country with 4 seasons?

migrating out of asia probably. its not just the weather (though that plays a huge role), its also the people - more specifically their attitudes toward life and work. for example over here in sweden its common for factory workers (without qualification) to out-earn graduates by over 30%! its also common for people to work for years and years right out of high school and then go back to uni..the result is that the students in uni are really there to learn, not just to chase the paper

this kinda attitude seems to permeate their culture and its really refreshing

techtechy
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by madscience 3rd January 2016, 6:50 am

i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.

techtechy wrote:

migrating out of asia probably. its not just the weather (though that plays a huge role), its also the people - more specifically their attitudes toward life and work. for example over here in sweden its common for factory workers (without qualification) to out-earn graduates by over 30%! its also common for people to work for years and years right out of high school and then go back to uni..the result is that the students in uni are really there to learn, not just to chase the paper

madscience
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegumcartel 3rd January 2016, 6:54 am

asiantrollcat wrote:

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

bubblegumcartel
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by techtechy 3rd January 2016, 7:00 am

madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

guess so...my income tax bracket here when i graduate would be 31 + 20%, VAT (GST equivalent) is 25% and capital gains is 30%, this is compared to what i can expect to pay when i graduate in singapore (3-4%).

yeah heading to NYC in jan for an interview..fingers crossed!

techtechy
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by madscience 3rd January 2016, 7:04 am

...NYC is just another SG, except with more (human and non-human) rats.
for internship or real job?

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

guess so...my income tax bracket here when i graduate would be 31 + 20%, VAT (GST equivalent) is 25% and capital gains is 30%, this is compared to what i can expect to pay when i graduate in singapore (3-4%).

madscience
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by techtechy 3rd January 2016, 7:05 am

madscience wrote:...NYC is just another SG, except with more (human and non-human) rats.

techtechy wrote:

oh man i assumed itd be the same as europe =/

its for a full time position!

techtechy
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by madscience 3rd January 2016, 7:14 am

Good luck! NYC will be a good launchpad.

Upstate NY is more rustic, but even birds don't lay eggs there. NYC is a chaotic city, good for young ppl like you, but families will avoid if they can.

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:...NYC is just another SG, except with more (human and non-human) rats.

techtechy wrote:

oh man i assumed itd be the same as europe =/

its for a full time position!

madscience
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by asiantrollcat 3rd January 2016, 7:44 am

bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
\

im the reincarnation of yuyuthecat Smile
asiantrollcat
asiantrollcat
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by asiantrollcat 3rd January 2016, 7:48 am

techtechy wrote:

i like how here people respect janitors, truck drivers, and all other jobs that would have been perceived "low class " in sgp.
asiantrollcat
asiantrollcat
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by beano 3rd January 2016, 8:21 am

How about all those overseas post what it looks like outside your house/estate/apartment/squatters etc?

This is mine..

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 IMG_20151224_0632172

Last edited by beano on 3rd January 2016, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
beano
beano
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg316 3rd January 2016, 8:23 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

fsg316
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegumcartel 3rd January 2016, 8:31 am

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:

\

haha. zhun bo? so where yuyucat kor kor is at nao?

bubblegumcartel
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by madscience 3rd January 2016, 8:33 am

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 Untitl11
Taken from google map. i live in the suburbs, so its quite boring. but boring is my thang!  cheers

beano wrote:How about all those overseas post what it looks like outside your house/estate/apartment/squatters etc?

madscience
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by asiantrollcat 3rd January 2016, 8:40 am

bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:

\

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 Nye12

meimei still in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.
asiantrollcat
asiantrollcat
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by sleepyhealer 3rd January 2016, 8:41 am

Me but I am in SG currently
sleepyhealer
sleepyhealer
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by madscience 3rd January 2016, 8:46 am

the accumulation looks mild by canadian standards. loving this mild winter!

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:

\

madscience
Moi ish noob

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegumcartel 3rd January 2016, 8:58 am

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:

\

[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai! - Page 2 Img_6012

London considered warm and sunny as compared to Canada ah...

bubblegumcartel
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by asiantrollcat 3rd January 2016, 9:03 am

@madscience: seems like US not alot of places with snow eh?

@bubblegumcartel: oohhh.. looks gooddddd and (gloomy :p )
asiantrollcat
asiantrollcat
Crone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next